How to remove unwanted people from images
September 7, 2014
“Oh, what a weather. Perfect for a day out with the camera.” You say to yourself on a fine day with perfect light and weather for photography. You plan out everything very quickly. You select a tourist spot in your city. You arrive the spot, fully geared and start taking photographs. However, soon you realize that there are too many unwanted people in the frame. You need not to scratch your head or burn your pocket.
This article will provide you the easiest way to achieve people-free images. And that too without investing a huge amount on Photoshop.
1. A Camera
2. A Tripod (Or some place where you can keep the camera fixed.)
3. A laptop/pc for post processing.
1. Decide the frame and fix the camera on tripod accordingly.
2. Take multiple photos in the same frame. 15-20 should be enough.
1. Put the photographs in sequence in a directory (Folder) in your laptop/pc.
2. Install Imagemagick.
3. Open terminal (Command prompt in Windows) in the directory where the image sequence has been kept.
convert *.fileformat -evaluate-sequence median filename.jpg
file format is the format of the image files in sequence (jpg/jpeg/JPG etc.). filename is the desired name of the new file.
5. A new file named filename.jpg will be created in the same directory.
You are done. 🙂
Please find the result below.
Do visit my photography website. Click here to visit.
Please note that there are other ways to achieve this as well. Photoshop extended provides statistics tool. GIMP has a plugin that does the same thing.
Life of the aam aadmi has never been more unpredictable. Every time we tried to settle down, some un...
So, finally we have been dethroned from the no. 1 spot. It was bound to happen. Even teams such as W...
Cock fight is a popular blood sport in Jharkhand. The fight between two roosters (gamecocks) is held...